Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition and Food Science
Departament of Health
Division of Social Studies
This degree has the following external awards and accreditations:
■ CIEES Level 1 (Committees for the Evaluation of Higher Education)
■ Substantially Equivalent International Program in Dietetics by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics , 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60606-6995, (312) 899-0040 ext 5400.http://www.eatright.org/ACEND
■ Concapren (National Council for the Quality of Educational Programs in Nutrology) http://concapren.com/programasacreditados
■ RVOE (official certification of Studies) of the SEP (Secretary of Public Education)
If you are interested in identifying and improving nutrient deficiencies and excesses and food of the population, then the Bachelor of Nutrition and Food Science is an alternative for you.
If you study this degree you will be able to:
- Identify and anticipate problems of food and nutrition in individuals and communities.
- Propose creative solutions to solve problems professional food, nutrient and health of people and communities that create and foster fairer living conditions.
You will be able to develop professionally in:
- Clinical nutrition: to meet demanding needs nurturing both healthy individuals and patients at risk. In hospitals, outpatient clinics, various sports centers and clinics.
- Community nutrition: community health centers, public and private institutions, which are responsible for social assistance programs, hospitals, schools, recreation, sports and various community settings.
- Teaching and research: in educational institutions of higher average level, research institutes, companies, nutrition education to the community.
- Consultancy in the area of food science and nutrition in the food and pharmaceutical industries.
- Administration hospital food services, commercial-level institutions, kindergartens, nursing homes, prisons, mental health centers, school and university cafeterias, factories and industries, as well as collective food service establishments.
Why study in the Ibero?
- The Bachelor, founded in 1972, was the first in the industry to be established in the country and is the only joint aspects of nutrition and food science.
- For the development of our students, it has laboratories in Biology, Microbiology, Food Preparation, Food Analysis and a Clinical Nutrition.
- Currently graduates perform and are recognized in national and international in academics, research and intervention, both in the public and private sectors.
- Our students have the opportunity to realize their professional practices in different communities and in hospital; currently have agreements with the National Institutes of Health, Federal District general hospitals and private entities to practice in services and food science.
- From 2001 to 2007 some of our students were recognized with the distinction "The Year Thesis in Nutrition" Development of Nutrition and Health, both basic and applied category with the first three places.
"The degree A great advantage of doing your studies in the Ibero is the chance you have of obtain your degree through the "Zero", which includes the only requirement you've covered all the credits from your undergraduate program, no need for a written work and / or have a professional examination extra, from the work presented in written and oral form during supervised practice. The practices are 1200 hours of supervised practical work to ensure the acquisition of basic skills of the nutritionist, both domestically and internationally"